We are looking for energetic and enthusiastic support workers to join our small and friendly team at 5 Winston Court. We are a residential care home supporting 8 adults with learning disabilities in Maidenhead, the home is situated near bus and train routes.
You would be expected to do a mixture of early and late shifts which are between 7am and 9.30pm and the occasional sleep-in which is paid in addition. The team is very supportive, you will receive a comprehensive induction and on-going training program, as well as regular supervision to ensure you are fully equipped to support our residents.
You will be assisting individuals with personal care, medication, nutritional needs, domestic tasks and supporting individuals to go out and about and maintain their independence. The role is varied and activities are a big part of our resident’s lives so you may be required to go with individuals and other staff to the cinema, theatre, the zoo, seaside etc. Our home has a real family feel and is full of fun and laughter.
As an Optalis employee, you can benefit from:
• Paid training
• Generous pension scheme
• Free uniform
• Fantastic rewards package through Perkbox that offers lots of shopping, health, travel and insurance discounts/special offers
• Clear career path
• Life Assurance
• An extra day off on your birthday program
• Quarterly staff forums are an opportunity to voice opinions and make suggestions
• The monthly STAR awards reward scheme recognises staff who have gone the extra mile
• Working for a Mindful Employer, which means we are serious about increasing awareness of mental health in the workplace and providing support for our staff.
• Working for a Disability Confident Committed Employer, which means that, as an employer, Optalis is taking action to ensure that people with disabilities and long term health conditions feel supported, engaged and able to fulfil their potential in the workplace.
This position may require driving of business vehicle, for this you will need to hold a valid full driving licence.