1. To manage an allocated caseload of RBWM residents who may be either within their own homes, or within a hospital setting. Work in partnership with them, and with any other multi-disciplinary team involved, in order to achieve positive outcomes that support independent living.
2. To facilitate as required the implementation of interventions in order to meet residents identified outcomes and achieve their optimum functioning and independence using 3 conversation model (EST ) .
3. To ensure the delivery of the SDS process, ensuring that support plans are appropriate to achieve outcomes identified for those who are vulnerable.
4. To maximise the extent to which service users take control of the SDS process consistent with ensuring appropriate safeguards against risk.
5. To ensure all aspects of safeguarding of vulnerable adults are considered and addressed with supervision and support in accordance with borough policies and protocols.
6. To ensure that any identified need for equipment or minor adaptations is carried out under the appropriate guidance in accordance with current processes and policies.
7. To ensure any handover of responsibility for subsequent assessments/specialists, assessments and support planning is seamless for the service user.
8. To identify individual risk to individuals, families, carers, groups, communities and colleagues. And recommend mitigation and advice.
9. To ensure assessment and delivery of services is within the eligibility criteria of the Directorate and within budget constraints.
10. To maintain comprehensive and up to date case records that demonstrate good practice and evidence that RBWM is discharging it’s duties in accordance with relevant legislation.
11. To provide appropriate advice, support and advocacy to ensure that service users best interests are maintained.
12. To manage and be accountable, with supervision and support, for own practice and to take responsibility for own professinal development.
13. To attend meetings relating to the work of the team or work with individual service users as required.
14. To work within the requirements of relevant legislation, the national agenda, and the Policies and Procedures of RBWM as appropriate to the responsibilities of the post.
15. To contribute positively to the performance of the team, service and unit, by being aware of, and contributing to achieving key performance targets. To assist in the collection of data that demonstrates levels of performance and supports good performance management.
16. To be part of the team duty function .